When considering the use of a contact tower
- The vessel must be able to put through the maximum volume of gas you expect to produce at a flowing velocity of approximately .15 ft/sec.
- The vessel should have a well designed dispersion bar.
- The contact time of the gas with in the vessel should be about 30 seconds or greater.
- Contact towers less than 20 feet s/s in height generally do not provide enough contact time between the gas and the scavenger to allow maximum chemical efficiencies to be achieved.
- The vessel can have a packing material which will increase the opportunity for mass transfer in cases where the tower is limited.
- RCS has recently developed a tool the "RC Polisher" that can dramatically improve your existing treating cost. Don't waste any more money on poorly designed skid units.
Contact RCS Inc. to further qualify your treating parameters and the various opportunities available to get your production on spec.